CIEH Level 2 Award in Conflict Resolution and Personal Safety
This qualification provides employees with a foundation in conflict resolution, with emphasis on the importance of personal safety to enable them to protect themselves in the face of confrontational behaviour.
Who needs this qualification?
Appropriate for all employees in the public and private sector whose work brings them into contact with others; including colleagues, customers, members of the public, patients or clients.
Why is this training important?
Work-related violence is on the rise and employers have a duty of care to provide a safe place of work. This is not easy in environments where the potential for conflict and aggression is high.
· Understand the terminology used in conflict resolution
· Knowledge of the laws that apply to businesses and their employees
· Understand the concepts of a safe working environment and how the risk of conflict can be assessed
· Ability to recognise potential confrontational situations and defuse conflicts before they escalate to serious violence
· Appreciate the importance of personal safety
Duration: One-day programme
Assessment: Multiple choice examination Click here for example questions
Ofqual Accredited: Yes
Ofqual qualification reference: 100/6110/1